Learn to drive better outcomes for your business and employees
by Erik van Vulpen (author)
People analytics is revolutionizing the way we practice Human Resource Management. Discover how you can leverage the power of data to drive better outcomes for your business and employees.
AIHR founder Erik wrote an inspiring book for (HR) professionals, managers, and directors who want to get a feel for the scope of people analytics. Inspiring examples and anecdotes demonstrate how people analytics can benefit both the business AND employees. In this book, Erik combines his own experience with plenty of inspiring examples.
Who should read this book?
- If you’re new to HR analytics and want to learn all the basics without having to plow through pages full of jargon, this book is for you. It’s concise and easy to read and will get you up-to-speed within hours.
- If you’re not working in HR (yet) and want to explore this exciting new field, this book provides you the foundation you are looking for.
- If you already have a career in HR analytics and are looking for in-depth knowledge and information, this book is NOT for you. It’s inspiring for those who have already started in this field but don’t expect in-depth (statistical) information.
After reading this book, you will:
- have a solid understanding of what HR analytics is
- know the difference between HR analytics and HR reporting
- have a clear picture of the scope and the added value of HR analytics
- understand the capabilities needed to build an HR analytics team
- have plenty of ideas for applying HR analytics to your organization
- know which pitfalls to avoid to prevent failure
About the Author
Erik van Vulpen is a founder of Analytics in HR. He’s an expert in connecting HR processes to business results through qualitative and quantitative methods. Erik has extensive experience in statistics and also teaches at Utrecht University (The Netherlands) and Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences. He graduated in Law, Psychology (hons.) and Business Administration (hons.).
“Erik van Vulpen’s book is superb for advanced practitioners and new starters in People Analytics. Importantly, it provides a helpful guide to improving the maturity of your People Analytics capability and illuminates the common challenge of ‘the wall of Boudreau’, stagnation in the quest for greater insight and return on investment. I would recommend this strongly to HR leads looking to embark on this exciting journey.”
Adam Gibson – SWP Leader @ Metropolitan Police
“The authors succeeded to write a comprehensive summary on the people analytics “enigma”. If you like to start your HR analytics journey or to find out how HR analytics can help you with your people related businesses challenges, I can assure you that this book could be one of your options. Hope you enjoy it as much I did!”
Yazdan Kakaei – Human Capital Researcher
“Good and practical overview of people analytics. An important topic everybody should read about. A must read!”
Patrick Coolen – Manager HR Analytics @ ABN Amro
“Great book to familiarize yourself with the fascinating world of People Analytics. Provides an excellent overview of the topic, and gets you started. Also because it includes inspiring examples, I believe it’s an excellent present that HR leaders can give to their business counterparts who need to be convinced about the value People Analytics can offer!”
Sjoerd van den Heuvel – People Analytics researcher @ University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
“I purchased this book mainly due to David Green’s endorsement. I must say it’s a must-read for all HR management, business leaders and executives alike. Most people confuse analytics and HR reporting but this book really helps to educate. A huge part of People Analytics is education aside from execution. I’ll be focusing much of my strategy in AXA on educating our people on what the subject is and why it must be invested in :-)”
Martin O’Donnell – Head of People Analytics @ AXA
Is the book available as an eBook?
Unfortunately not for the time being. But we’re working on releasing an eBook version soon!